Complete Hindi



Today I was traveling to Noida. While coming back I saw one foreigner traveling in a metro reading a book called “Complete Hindi”. That put me into deep thought that people from other countries are trying to learn Hindi and we being Indian are feeling embarrassed if we have to speak in Hindi. Everybody wants an employee friend, partner who can speak good English.

Amazing. Hum Hindustan main rahkar hindi bolte hue sharam mahsoos karte hain, while other people are trying to learn Hindi.

I do not know about others but it was very embarrassing moment for me.

Big MNCs do not hire people who do not have good English speaking skills. We feel bad if we can’t speak English. Even if someone is speaking to you in Hindi and if you are good English Speaker, you will have a feeling that you are talking to illiterate person. What a mentality we have.


I remember long back I got rejected by very good company because I could not speak fluent English. Infact interviewer asked me what weakness I have and what I want to improve. I upfront told him, “Sir as you know my English is not good I would like to improve it and I did it. If you have strong will power to do something, you will definitely achieve itJ.  I did because it was required. Had it not been the important thing to get job, I would have prefer to stick to English only. Kaash hum sab log hindi ko hi importance dete to jo log English nhi jaante unko paise kharab karke English sikhne ki zaroorat hi nhi padti J.

Regards
Sujata

Comments

Unknown said…
you are true.. we have to feel proud for our mother tongue and our culture.. and no body can create it for us.. if we do not value our own culture and who will ?

Popular posts from this blog

Life !

Is there any difference between honesty, Integrity or dignity?

Life is hard !!!