My First interview for a job!!!



Normally people say they can’t forget their first love but I say I can’t forget my first job interview. Reason may be because I never fall in love. lol 

Well before I tell you about my experience of my first job interview, I would just like to describe the definition of an interview to me. An interview is a process where you get the information of other party as well as you provide your information to them and I must say that information must represent real facts and figures. It rarely happens though. 

During an interview, Interviewer ask some different questions and believe me mostly he/ she expects the answer of his / her choice. If you have not provided the answer which he / she is looking for, most likely you will not get through with that interview. That’s what my observation says. Now a days I see lot many standard answers are available with standard questions to help interviewee so that he / she gets prepare beforehand. I wish it was the case earlier when I was preparing for my first interview. 

Coming back to my experience of an interview, when I had my first interview, I reached to the interview venue one hour before it was scheduled as I was so scared of giving it first time. When I reached at reception desk there was peon playing with intercom machine. Playing in the sense he was involved in chit chat with someone over phone J. I asked in a very nervous tone to him “Is this a xyz company? Peon replied yes and then asked me whom do I want to meet and for what regard. I told him I have an interview today with “xbc” person and then he replied in a very normal tone that the person who is supposed to take my interview is not available right now and asked me to wait. He was staring me as if I have made any crime J

I was simply waiting when he asked me again in very strange tone, “Mam, what time was your interview”, office starts at 10a.m. here. Suddenly I realized my mistake of not informing him that I am little early. I immediately controlled myself and told him that I was supposed to reach at 10:30a.m but since I was new to the place, I have come little early. He said “ok” but interviewer will come at 11a.m so you will have to wait more. I was thinking what should I do? Should I go or should I wait for one and half hour. After giving a good amount of thought, I decided to wait because somehow I wanted to have the experience of interview, simultaneously, I was also thinking what if the person who is supposed to take my interview doesn’t come at 11:30a.m also? 

What would you have done in that scenario?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life !

Is there any difference between honesty, Integrity or dignity?

Life is hard !!!