Confused !!



In my first job, I had a boss whose  behavior was very weird. I mean I felt that way :-). 

Now I want to explain you why I am saying like this. Correct me, at the end, if I am wrong. 

The thing is, during my 1st job, I had to follow my boss instructions blindly whatever work he was giving to me reason being I was a fresher and I had no exposure of working under anybody. I know it is the case with every body but everybody doesn't get the same boss like the one which I got. 

The problem with my boss was if I was not doing what he was expecting from me, he was saying to me "why can’t you use your brain" and when I was applying my knowledge, his comment to me was always like "don’t use your extra brain". I could never make out what should I do until I changed my job :-).

For him, my confusion or you can say problem was not his concern. I think he was right too. Why should he be bothered about my feelings? I have no rights to expect nice behavior from him. He was my boss and what he will be concerned about is his work only. But then why should he expect something unusual from me, I was unable to understand this also. 

Now, whenever I used to get work from him and if I try to do something as per my knowledge he never liked it and when I didn’t do something my own, he was accusing me of not applying my knowledge. I was so confused and that remained the same till the time I worked there. Then I decided to leave the job.

The conclusion which I draw out of that experience was, I think his problem was, he was not ready to accept that I can do much better work than he can think of :-). 

Now you guys don't look at my resume and search for my 1st job. I have not mentioned it in my resume as it was for very short time :-)

Cheers.............
Sujata 

Comments

..l said…
Everybody has a state of mind. Sometimes the same question asked to 3 people will give you 3 different answers. It doesn't mean somebody is smarter than somebody. It is just your priorities and values that makes your feelings work. If you choose to excel you will find ways yourself the best to the situation whatsoever. I liked your article. Looks like you are ready to write a Teenage novel soon. Cheers!

Ulhas Luthra
Prashant said…
as you said might be true , but some how he need the output which he seeks. He knows how to make you work, and because of him only you can say that you are successful now.

Popular posts from this blog

Life !

Is there any difference between honesty, Integrity or dignity?

Life is hard !!!